As we are moving into December and closer to Christmas, I wanted to spend the next few weeks sharing Christmas recipes. This week’s recipe is for some of my favourite easy to make Christmas cookies. This is a simple and fun recipe kids can take part in that works to get you together and having fun in the kitchen. These cookies aren’t going to wow Martha Stewart but if you are a busy mom and just want to share a few laughs and some kisses with your kids, these are the perfect treat.
Easy to Make Christmas Cookies
Hershey Candy Cane Kisses Dipped Oreo Cookies
1- 200 gram bag of Hershey Candy Cane Kisses (8 oz)
12 Holiday or regular Oreos
2 tsp Powdered Sugar (Icing Sugar)
Any small Christmas Candy or Candy Decoration
- Line a cookie sheet or cutting board with parchment paper.
- Place 12 Oreos on the sheet and place in freezer for at least 25 minutes.
- To melt chocolate use double boiler or microwave:
- Double Boiler: Unwrap and add the Hershey kisses to the top of a double boiler. If you don’t have a double boiler, you can easily place a light, metal or glass bowl over a pot of lightly steaming water. The steam will slowly cook the chocolate above. Make sure the bottom of the bowl holding the chocolate does not touch the hot water below. Stir constantly. Once all chocolate has melted add in powdered sugar and stir until well mixed.
- Microwave: Unwrap and place kisses in a microwave safe bowl. Melt by microwaving for 30 seconds and stirring, then repeating until melted and smooth. Add powdered sugar and stir until well mixed.
- Using a fork, dip Oreos in melted chocolate and flip to ensure complete coating. Shake off excess and return to prepared sheet (bonus points for adding in some Taylor Swift Shake it Off lyrics for the kids).
- Decorate top with decoration.
- Return to freezer for 30 minutes to set.
- EAT, laugh and enjoy.