Since Charlie was small, we’ve often referred to her as our Goldfish Princess for the simple reason that she could eat Goldfish crackers day in and day out for every meal. Goldfish have always been her go to snack and that smiling fish has thus been a staple in our house for years. Originally designed as a soup cracker, I’m not sure even Goldfish knew how many kids would grow up on their crackers but the cracker has been putting smiles on kids faces for years.
Goldfish Princess Crackers & Cinderella
Recently, Goldfish invited me and Charlie to check out Disney’s Cinderella to celebrate the release of their Goldfish Princess Crackers. A limited edition pink cracker released to celebrate Cinderella and tiny princesses everywhere. The princess crackers like all Goldfish are made with natural colours and real cheese.
Goldfish Princess Marshmallow Pops
Being at the event inspired me to throw Charlie a little Goldfish celebration of her own here at home. To do so, we hit the kitchen together and prepared some adorable Goldfish Princess Marshmallow Pops combining her love for marshmallows, Goldfish, all things pink and princess and of course the butterflies that are featured in Cinderella.
Recipe for Goldfish Princess Marshmallow Pops
- 1 package Goldfish Princess Crackers
- 12 large marshmallows
- 2 cups pink chocolate melts
- 1 cup sprinkles of your choosing
- Wax paper
- 12 small candy pop sticks
- Pre-made candy butterfly wings (Optional)
- Bag of pre-made royal icing (Optional)
- Place marshmallows in the freezer and leave for 15 minutes;
- Melt chocolate melts in a double broiler;
- Remove marshmallows and insert candy pop sticks into centre;
- Individually dip each marshmallow tapping off the excess chocolate into a bowl;
- Roll the bottom edge of each marshmallow in the sprinkles and place on wax paper;
- Press one Goldfish Princess cracker into each chocolate dipped marshmallow;
- Let sit for 20 minutes while trying to keep tiny princesses away from the finished product.
Optional Steps for Butterfly Application
- Mix bag of royal icing in mixer per instructions. Use a little less water than instructed;
- Dip the top and bottom of each wing in the royal icing and stick to the top of the marshmallow pop and side of the candy stick;
- Let dry for 10 minutes;
- Add a little royal icing to the middle of the wings to create a butterfly body with a knife or piping bag.
Goldfish loves seeing kids enjoying their food and wants to see your #GoldfishSmiles too. Don’t forget to hashtag #GoldfishSmiles and show off your awesome Goldfish moments.