Every kid should have that one great aunt. You know the one that shows up with chocolate and candy…the one who trumps a “no” with an enthusiastic “YES”… and the one who truly believes something called Oreo Lasagna is a completely acceptable thing to eat for dinner. In our family that is Auntie Ann and this is her mouthwatering Oreo Lasagna Recipe.
Oreo Lasagna Recipe
Serves 16 (Or 2 kids and 1 Auntie Ann leaving a lot of leftovers)
- 1 package of Oreo Cookies
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- 8 ounces of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons of 2% milk
- 12 ounces of Cool Whip
- 6 snack packs of chocolate pudding
- PAM nonstick cooking spray
- 1 large Ziplock bag
- Spray a 8 x 11 casserole dish with Pam nonstick cooking spray
- Put Oreo cookies into large ziplock back and crush with meat tenderizer or rolling pin.
- Put aside 1 cup of crushed Oreos for topping.
- Mix remaining crushed Oreos with melted butter.
- Press buttered Oreo’s into the bottom of the casserole dish. Even out so it is flat.
- With a hand mixer or stand mixer, whip softened cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Pour sugar, milk and 1 1/4 cup of cool whip into bowl and whip until well combined.
- Spread cream cheese mix evenly over the Oreo cookie and butter layer.
- Layer chocolate pudding evenly over top of the cream cheese mix.
- Spoon the rest of the cool whip on top of chocolate pudding and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining Oreo cookies on top.
- Chill in refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Consume with favourite Auntie.