On September 14th, I’ll be chatting all things beach and sun on Twitter with my friends from @PuertoVallarta. Follow along with the hashtag #WeVisitVallarta starting at 9:30 PM to win one of these incredible prizes:
- Grand Prize: 3 Night/4 Day stay at one of Puerto Vallarta’s resorts for 2 including air from major US/Canada Destinations.
- Additional Prizes: 4 Beach Bag Packs (approximate value $100 USD).
Located in the state of Jalisco on Mexico’s Pacific coast, Puerto Vallarta is a popular destination for a range of travellers. From families to adventure seekers and foodies, travellers of all types can find plenty to do in this charming resort town. With over 40 KM of beaches along the Mexican Pacific, some of the most popular beach locations include Playa Los Mertos, the city’s largest public beach and Islas Marietas, an aquatic wonderland surrounded by volcanic formations and lush tropical jungle.
Puerto Vallarta has received many awards including:
- Friendliest City by Conde Nast in 2001;
- Best Vacation Destination in Mexico by USNews.com in 2010;
- Favourite Beach Destination in Mexico by About.com in 2012; and
- Top 10 Destinations in Mexico by TripAdvisor in 2015.
My Memories of Puerto Vallarta
One of the very last trips I took with my father was to Puerto Vallarta. Having discovered the beauty and serenity of the area, my dad rented a home in the charming town during the harsh Canadian winter. I arrived in Puerto Vallarta and fell in love. Each morning, we would head out to a local restaurant for authentic Heuvos Rancheros. At night we would stroll down streets that came alive with performing artists and vendors.
During my time in Puerto Vallarta, I was lucky enough to experience blue whale season and did quite a bit of scuba diving and adventuring. My memories of the town include checking out churches, visiting markets and eating delicious, fresh and authentic foods. I am looking forward to heading back sometime soon to create new memories with my own children.
Why Visit Puerto Vallarta?
Some of the things that make Puerto Vallarta the perfect destination include:
- 322 days of sunshine a year with average temperatures between 20 and 30;
- incredible snorkelling and diving locations;
- lush jungles and sparking waterfalls; and
- Mexico’s longest zip line, ATV experiences, mountain climbing and day trips to the interior.
Want to win a trip to Puerto Vallarta? It’s simple to enter!
I’m excited to get to chat about all my Puerto Vallarta memories and making new ones soon! See you on September 14, 2016.
Disclosure: I am participating in a sponsored campaign hosted by Puerto Vallarta Tourism Board and I received compensation for this post. All opinions expressed are my own.